The Fisherman’s Boon, Faisal Shamim ..

Expect goosebumps to involuntarily  stand up for an ovation as Faisal Shamim takes us down his memory lanes, sharing the musical and abstract essence of life in subtle and turning moments.. truly overwhelming and inspiring! But that is not all for readers and music lovers. What follows is an astounding introduction of our musico-vocal prodigy with two splendid super-hit covers.

Read Faisal’s musical journey memoir here, The Fisherman’s Boon, http://bit.ly/1rt5YvK

– Anuradha

From Faisal: Hello #ASMandali, Greetings from Pakistan to all of you. I have been reading Aaj Sirhaane initiatives and it gives me immense pleasure to be a part of it. Do read my story above. I poured my heart on paper. 4+ yrs of my stay on Twitter and my “aqeedat” since the very first day for Anu Behna and now her encouragement to record an exclusive track for AajSirhaane, brings me to make a humble contribution with hope that you guys will like it. The cover has been Produced, Performed, Arranged & Sound Designed by yours truly, Faisal.

Dil Walo Kya Dekh Rahay Ho

Written by : Razi Tirmazi

Singer & Composer: Faisal Shamim – @SufiTalks

Audio notes: Based on Raga Aiman/Yaman. Originally sung by Ghulam Ali in 80s.

********

Taza Muhabbaton Ka

Written By: Parveen Shakir

Singer & Composer: Faisal Shamim – @SufiTalks

Audio notes: Based on Raga Aiman/Yaman. Originally sung by Tina Sani in 80s, music by Mr Arshad Mehmood.

We know #ASMandali will have no choice but keep coming back to this delightful voice. Dear super-talented Faisal, you uplift us. Thank you.

9 Comments Add yours

1. sacredheartsip says:

Such a refreshing voice… Just loved it…

1. AS says:

– AS TEAM

2. Faisal Shamim says:

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it.. 🙂

Best,

–F.

2. Just A Lovely Thought says:

Beautiful rendition! Loved both the songs, however liked the second one more because of beautiful murkiyan and that tabla! Divine. Look forward to more of such gems…

1. AS says:

Thank you Ashish. We agree.

– AS Team.

2. Faisal Shamim says:

Thank u so much! I’m glad you took the time out, heard the tracks, n enjoyed listening.. 🙂

Cheers!

–Faisal.

3. ajaypurohit says:

‘Razi miyan tum kin sochon mein….’ brought tears to my eyes ! Was reminded of my college days where I used to be hooked to GhulamAli Sahab for days & hours together ! Brilliant rendition Faizal Bhai . Needless to mention that your fisherman put you on a path of musical success ! A big thanks & salaam to him for giving us , the musical minds, a gem like you !

Kudos ! God bless you !

1. AS says:

-AS TEAM

2. Faisal Shamim says:

Thank you so much for your kind words Ajay Bhai!
      That your efforts make people feel good, is a very special feeling.. that makes one feel blessed. I’m glad you liked the tracks, as it encourages me to contribute frequently & exclusively for the listening pleasure of the Aaj Sirhaane Family!

Kind regards,